Is appreciation communicated regularly at your workplace? Do you truly feel valued by those with whom you work?
If you express appreciation in ways that aren’t meaningful to your coworkers, they may not feel valued at all. The problem is you’re speaking different languages. In The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, Dr. Gary Chapman and Dr. Paul White will help you:
• Express genuine appreciation to coworkers and staff – even on a tight budget.
• Increase loyalty with the employees and volunteers in your organization.
• Reduce cynicism and create a more positive work environment.
• Individualize your expressions of appreciation by speaking the right language.
Based on the #1 New York Times best seller The 5 Love Languages®, Dr. Chapman and Dr. White give you practical steps to make any workplace environment more encouraging and productive. You will learn to speak and understand the unique languages of appreciation and feel truly valued in return.
- not nearly as good as original 5 Love Languages
I already read the 5 love languages which was fantastic. I don't think there is much reason to read this if you have read the former. The former is read by Gary Chapman, with his warmth, humility and wit coming out in his voice, while this one sounds like it is read by a news anchor. I found this somewhat boring and repetitive.