It’s Time to Stop Trying to Be the Perfect Mom
You long to be the mom your kids need, but often you’re convinced you come up short. The label “not enough” seems to be stamped across everything you do—and yet parenting is the one thing you want most to get right.
What if the solution is simply to embrace the truth that you are not enough—but God is?
In Gospel-Centered Mom Brooke McGlothlin reveals how our entire approach to motherhood shifts when we stop chasing our vision of a perfect family and start full-out pursuing God. With refreshing candor, Brooke examines the daunting task of raising children in the light of God’s Word and challenges you to:
· Embrace your moment-by-moment need for Jesus
· Release the stress of believing everything is your responsibility
· Learn to fight for rather than against your child
· Believe that the story God is writing with your life is worth the sacrifice
· Practice the daily disciplines that lead to Gospel-centered parenting
As you learn to anchor your life in the Gospel, you’ll find increased freedom, purpose, and joy in motherhood. And you’ll discover that Jesus is more than capable of meeting every need, for your children and for you.
- It has reminded me of practical ways to show our kids Christ.
I really enjoyed the humbling process of being brought back to the basics of what our kids really need. I will be listening to this book again in the future!
Wonderful book! I have a strong willed son and this book really helped me out.
- Must Read for all moms
This is a MUST READ for moms. Especially moms of boys. This book went straight to my heart! And the narrator is perfect for this book!