It is Jesus who provides the theological and personal centre for a life of prayer. We acquire a sense of the reality and the way of prayer by first observing Jesus and then keeping company with him. Putting together a life of prayer out of the scraps of emotion and need that surface from time to time in our lives clamouring for attention never amounts to much. We are after something substantial and whole: prayer revealed to the Father through the Son by the Holy Spirit.
- Introduction: Jesus & Prayer (1:33:33)
- Prayers That Anticipate Jesus (1:39:59)
- Prayers for Jesus (1:36:55)
- Prayers to Jesus (1:36:31)
- Prayers of Jesus I (1:35:05)
- Prayers of Jesus II (1:41:38)
- Prayers of Jesus III (1:33:35)
- Prayers of Jesus: Gethsemane & Cross (1:37:45)
- Prayers of Jesus: Johannine Legacy (1:37:07)
- Praying in Jesus' Name (1:33:41)
- Narrator very slow and halting, quite annoying
I love the author, and the content is great, but he speaks SO SLOWLY, with lots of pauses, that it takes forever to get through anything. I finally deleted it out of my iPhone library. Very disappointing. Also, this is an audio of a class, so the sound quality is not like a studio audiobook. You can hear it fine, but it feels like someone just stuck a microphone in the front of the room and recorded it.