Includes an audiobook-exclusive conversation with Judah Smith!
Founder of the phenomenon social media account PreachersNSneakers tackles how faith, capitalism, consumerism, and (wannabe) celebrity have collided.
What started as a joke account on Instagram has turned into a movement. Through this provocative project, the founder of PreachersNSneakers is helping thousands of Jesus followers wrestle with the inevitable dilemmas created by a culture obsessed with image and entertainment.
In PreachersNSneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities, the author boldly confronts many of the difficult questions plaguing countless Christians minds, such as:
- Should pastors grow wealthy off of religion, and why do we get so angry when they do?
- Is it okay to stoke envy among others with curated lifestyle images on social media?
- Do we really believe that divine blessings are monetary, or is that just religious wallpaper to hide our own greed?
- Is there space in Christendom for celebrities like Kanye and Bieber to exist without distorting the good news?
- What about this: Is it wrong for someone like this author to call out faith leaders online and leverage cancel culture to affect change?
PreachersNSneakers will navigate these challenging questions and many more with humor, wit, candor, and a few never-before-published hijinks. Each chapter will explore the various sides of the debate, holding space for readers to make up their own minds. The book will doubtlessly become a staple for church small groups, college ministries, and book clubs, emboldening struggling believers who want to live a more genuine faith.
After all, the Lord works in mysterious colorways.