Forgiveness offers an alternative to an endless cycle of resentment and revenge, but do you really understand forgiveness? In The Scandal of Forgiveness bestselling author Philip Yancey will answer: What is forgiveness; Why is forgiveness so difficult; Why is forgiveness scandalous; and What does God have to do with forgiveness?
We all live and love imperfectly. Therefore, only forgiveness will set us free. Yancey teaches us how to forgive by better understanding the clear connection between God and the gospel. You will learn:
- God forgives our debts as we forgive our debtors.
- only by living in the stream of God’s forgiveness will we find the strength to respond with forgiveness toward others.
- the true depth of what forgiveness is and what it demands of you.
- how to shed the illusions about forgiveness.
- the importance of grace and what it means to be a grace-full Christian.
Previously published as What’s So Amazing About Grace, The Scandal of Forgiveness is great for:
- someone who wants to learn how to authentically forgive and truly understand grace.
- men and women that want a closer relationship with God.
- readers who enjoyed Yancey’s other books--Disappointment with God, Vanishing Grace, and Where Is God When It Hurts?
We speak of forgiveness often, even believing that we are forgiving people, but do we understand the true depth of it and what it demands of us? The Scandal of Forgiveness reveals how to adopt the forgiveness the world is searching for.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $13.99Member Price: $7.49 (or 2 credits)
Special Price $7.49