Direct answers to 40 thought-provoking questions married couples ask regarding their sexual relationships. God's desire is for couples to enjoy passionate sexual relationships without inhibition, awkwardness, fear, resentment, guilt, or shame. With honesty and frankness, life coach and best-selling author Shannon Ethridge opens the minds of both husbands and wives to consider how to move beyond the mechanics of sex to cultivating a rich and rewarding connection.
Divided into four sections, Shannon helps couples celebrate the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical sides of sex. Questions include:
- What was God thinking when He created sex?
- Will there be sex in heaven?
- Why do humans think about sex so much?
- How did we get such different ideas about sex and love?
- How can I get past his/her sexual past?
- How can I help my spouse heal from the sexual abuses he/she suffered?
- What if my heart is telling me I married the wrong person?
- How can we balance mismatched sex drives?
Some chapters end with questions for personal contemplation or for couples to use as conversation starters, and other chapters end with prayers that foster a deeper spiritual and emotional connection, making this a perfect guide to a more passionate love life.