The apostle Paul writes that we are to be transformed, but for many Christians, figuring out how to approach spiritual transformation can be elusive. Bestselling author Jerry Bridges helps us understand that we have available to us the ultimate power source for true spiritual growth: the gospel.
In The Transforming Power of the Gospel, Bridges guides you through a thorough examination of:
• what the biblical meaning of grace is and how it applies to your life
• how Jesus’ work in His life and death applies to the believer in justification and adoption
• why basic spiritual disciplines are necessary for spiritual growth
• what role the Holy Spirit plays in both definitive and progressive sanctification
- Very helpful book!
This book is very helpful and worth re-reading.
- Transformation of our character to the image of Christ
I was impressed with this book. parts of it has much theological language in it, witch made me a bit hesitant. However good teaching and the needed work of the Holy Spirit can be found in most every chapter.
- A pleasure to listen
'Porter's pace is smooth, and his voice resonates with wisdom, making this production a pleasure in both its content and delivery.'
T.D. © AudioFile 2012, Portland, Maine