"How could God let this happen? I can't do this! How can my child have a meaningful life? Where is God in all this?"
When a parent hears that their child has a disability, hearts and hopes are broken. But faith doesn't have to be. Unbroken Faith identifies and treats the crippling fear, guilt, and inadequacy that parents of children with special needs can encounter. Diane Dokko Kim comes alongside families as a fellow special-needs parent to help reconcile the premise of a good God with the devastating realities of raising a child with disability. Diane courageously articulates deep-seated, unspoken doubts and fears you may have but are afraid to voice:
- Why my child? Why us? This is not the way it's supposed to be!
- Why won't God fix this? Doesn't He care?
- I'm the wrong parent for this child. I'm not qualified.
- No one understands what I'm going through.
- What will happen to my child? I can never die.
Dokko Kim's biblical-based encouragement will help you understand that you are not alone, that God gets it, and that God's Word is entirely relevant to the raw and messy yet hallowed spaces of special needs parenting.